Managing massive amounts of numbers, and related data can be about as much difficult as pushing your car 8 blocks to a gas station. I mean one can never be sure about reaching the destination. But when you do, you require to figure out a way to make up for all the time you have lost. A similar situation occurs while you are working with a huge amount of data, endless amount of time it seems to be taken to condense it into comprehensible charts and graphs. As a result, most of us seek around for something that does the heavy lifting for us. For “WordPress” that something is would be chart- and/or table-building plugin, a simple looking tool that gets the job done without much hassle and doesn’t require trudging up a steep learning curve to use it.
wpDataTables is such a tool that relieves you of your data management, organization and presentation problems as well as all of the headaches that go with them. The plugin does offer you perfectly organized interactive and responsive charts and tables in return as well as it has the potential handle any amount of data for your website.
To top it off, no coding of any kind is required on your part.
Like I said before, it is one of the most powerful data manager plugin highly recommended for a WordPress site. It allows you to create as well as manage interactive responsive tables, charts, filtering & editing forms without having to write a single line of code. All it requires are the three basic steps:
- Upload a table or create it in WP-Admin
- Optionally configure the table
- Publish it in your post or page or widget
However, the same table can be used to generate a chart within just a few clicks.
When it comes to Configuring wpDataTables, the good news is that it’s absolutely hassling free. Yes, one can leave the settings as they are or fine-tune the plugin as per your preferences by heading over to WP Dashboard -> wpDataTables -> Settings section. The settings comprises of three main aspects
- Main settings (configure the global table settings)
- Color and font settings (Configure the look & feel of the tables)
Some of Its Commendable Features Include
- Choice of connecting to a DB or host – wpDataTables allows you to build tables by connecting to a DB or Host which is different from your current WordPress installation DB.
- Multiple data sources to choose from – Right from Google Spreadsheets, Excel files, CSV files, MySQL queries, JSON, XML and serialized PHP arrays, you get multiple data sources to choose from.
- Create editable & responsive tables – The plugin allows you to create editable on the back-end as well as front-end & responsive tables. This means that the plugin can even be used as a ‘form generator’, to fill in some catalogs, displaying and managing orders, or managing issues in a bugtracker, etc.
- Create as many charts per page – With the help of wpDataTables Chart Creation Wizard, one can easily create as many charts per page as user needs. It’s Just a matter of few clicks & your charts are ready.
- Restrict users to edit only their own data – One of the most popular features of the plugin is that the admin himself can restrict users to edit only their own data/ rows. For example, like their own orders or inquiries, own elements added to stock, etc.
- Quick support response time – The average support response time (for the paid plugin) is 1 working day. If you are stuck with something and cannot find a solution within the documentation just holler at the support team.
- You don’t have to be a techie – Although, such plugins will make you look like one- no matter how amateur you are. You don’t have to code or know anything about data management. All you require to know is what you want as the final result to look like. The plugin will do all work for you all you require to do is think of the possible outcomes.
Is there a data management situation that threatens to outstrip your technical ability? wpDataTables can be a lifesaver. All you need to do is allow this plugin to manage your table- and chart-making tasks. Apart from this, you can even think of seeking help from a reliable WordPress development company that provides flawless range of services and solutions in town.
Author Bio :
Rakesh Patel is Marketing Manager at eTatvaSoft – WordPress development company in India. He writes about Technology Trends, Leadership and many more things about IT services and enabled people to learn about new technologies through his online contribution.